The style is a reflection of your attitude and personality – Shawn Ashore
The different styles in fashion have always gone through infinite changes. With the increase in the volume of innovations, the change in trend and fashion styles have also been rapidly changing. Some unique fashion styles are here to catch the attention. Fashion is the perfect way to show your unique qualities to the world. People with unique style pay attention to the color, cut, and fabric of their clothes. The options are never-ending! Research more to find out what clothes flatter your figure and express your unique personality. While great style is elegance that is truly your own! The style is meant to empower you.
Behind every well-dressed celebrity is a top celebrity fashion stylist crafting her appearance. Introducing the world to up-and-coming designers, novel styling, and genius reimagining of wardrobe staples, stylists are the masterminds driving so many of the fashion trends we appreciate today.
In recent years, stylists have stepped from behind the curtain to become celebrities in their own right Kate Young, stylist to Selena Gomez, Dakota Johnson, and Margot Robbie, has 300k admirers on Instagram, while Rachel Zoe and Brad Goreski have their own television shows off the back of their red-carpet work. Naturally, it’s become a job everybody wants. But while it may appear incredibly glamorous to be the person responsible for an actress’ red-carpet look or an editorial fashion spread in a glossy magazine. Here are the essential skills and experience you require to succeed as a fashion or celebrity stylist.
From the Experts: A Perfect Guide to Becoming a Stylist-
- Begin by getting a relevant degree or qualification. This can be through university or by taking courses on your own time. Think about what matters to you most: is it education or are you extreme to get your portfolio started soon?
- Gain real-world experience in the field, possibly with an internship. This can help determine what sort of stylist you want to become and manage future goals.
- Network with other industry experts, make valuable connections and build a reputation for excellence. It’s essential to sell yourself in order to earn a loyal clientele.
- Give your exclusive hours and hard work, and be willing to do what it takes to prove yourself. Remember that it’s not about fame, it’s about doing the job up to the mark.
- Develop a point of view and a personal aesthetic, and share that with your clients. This will help set you and your work separately.
What does it take to make feel it as a celebrity stylist in 2018? A-list of stylists Elizabeth Saltzman (the London-based talent behind Gwyneth Paltrow and Saoirse Ronan’s red-carpet turns), Micaela Erlanger (of Lupita Nyong’o, Meryl Streep and Diane Kruger fame) and Elizabeth Stewart (the go-to for Jessica Chastain, Gal Gadot and Cate Blanchett) share their guidance with Miss Vogue.
Fashion, Celebrity, Hair and Make-Up, Catalog Stylists: How it Changes?
In fashion, stylists mainly fall into two types: personal stylists, who help celebrity clients develop a signature look, and editorial stylists, who create aesthetics for magazine photo shoots and ad campaigns. There are also hair and make-up stylists, fashion show stylists and catalog stylists, who arrange products and clothing in a way that sells.
Micaela Erlanger, best known for dressing celebrities like Lupita Nyong’o, Meryl Streep and Diane Kruger, got her start as a stylist by interning for a number of years before landing a job in New York supporting the late Annabel Tollman, who made her name dressing celebrity clients including the Olsen twins, Shakira and Liv Tyler. Erlanger took any internship she could find while studying business at Parsons School of Design, something she recommends to any ambitious celebrity or personal stylist.
Find a Unique Point of View:
Lucia Liu emphasizes that it’s important to hone your own aesthetic as a stylist. She often works on projects as a creative director, providing art direction for magazine and advertising photo shoots. She always tries to listen to the ideas of others without internalizing them too much and stated that “Taste is a very personal thing,”.
“The style you offer to others might not be understood at first. It takes time. It’s very imperative that you believe in yourself. You have to be patient and passionate. You can’t just have craving for the career for two years – you should have the passion for over 20 years.”
Micaela stated that “The best way to become a stylist is to go out there and try it,”. “Generally, the job is to be able to interpret any vision and be able to implement that. You have to be adaptable. It’s a collaboration, so understanding how those process works are essential. And that’s not something that can be learned in school. You don’t get anywhere by just sitting around. You’ve got to go for it.”
Being a stylist is not just red-carpet glamour.
Saoirse Ronan styled by Vogue contributing editor Elizabeth Saltzman at the 2018 Oscars.
Elizabeth comments that anyone considering this career path first asks themselves how hard they’re prepared to work. “Many people have great taste and style, but it has to be combined with hard work and no ego because 90 percent of the job is not dazzling at all.”
What Does a Celebrity Stylist Do?
- A Celebrity Stylist works with his or her clients in many circumstances and capacities, from red carpet events and commercial shoots to shopping and salon.
- Many Celebrity Stylists not only have experiences in fashion design, but they also have expertise in hair styling and makeup artistry.
- Some celebrities use the Stylist as a consultant, and others choose the stylist to purchase their entire wardrobes.
- These types of Stylists find flattering looks and styles to help their clients look fashionable and set unique trends.
- A few Celebrity Stylists are as prominent as their clients, but most stylists will always remain in the background and often not receive the credit for their groundbreaking fashion trend ideas.
- Celebrity Stylists may work in partnership directly with designers to produce custom clothing for celebrity clients or editorials.
- This is common for Celebrity Stylists whose clients grace their presence in the awards shows, and for Fashion Editors at top magazines.
Thus, have a Glance at all runway pictures of Michael Costello at New York Fashion Week Spring 2018. Fashion history is a part of people’s choice, preference, desires and many more things to make it a trend. Fashion is the real spirit of Michael Costello. Discover to get an insight into all the buzzing fashion trends which are creating a storm in the fashion world nowadays.
Furthermore, Celebrities are always icons when it comes to fashion. Initially from the 80s classy faces to the recent famous names, from which Michael Costello has been always a popular name in the fashion industry as a fashion Designer and many well-known celebrities have chosen Michael Costello dresses over any other designer in the town. His fashion designing sense is spectacular to the people’s choice. Yes! The ‘Project Runway’ man is creating a huge buzz about himself while being straightforward, genuine, passionate, considerate, and understanding about his work.
Hence, Fashion stylists help clients improve their image, create ideas for photo shoots, select clothing & accessories for events, filming and photo shoots, work for fashion magazines and many more. Nowadays, the fashion world calls for a number of fashion stylists due to the constant requirement for skilled professionals in movies, commercials, photo shoots, and other related settings. Thus, a fashion stylist’s career involves lots of glamour and thus, is regarded as one of the most stylish career options to take up.